CAP or a ‘Coalition Against Poverty’ is the primary structure that PONT has establish to help ending poverty in the Mbale region. We realised that to make a difference in an area with a population of around 760,000 people we would need to engage the key institutions in our own community in Wales. This would not only unlock repositories of skills and professional advice, but would also allow us to apply for major funding. The founder members of this coalition are:
- Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
- Rhondda Cynon Taf Local Health Board.
- Royal Glamorgan Hospital Trust
- University of Glamorgan
- PONT – acting as the charitable wing of the coalition.
- Indigenous Non-Governmental Organisations
- Faith based organisations
- The Regional Authority